Coordinates and schedules meetings, maintains the calendars for the Directors of the Engineering Innovation Institute and Engineering Leadership Institute. Provides assistance to the Directors of both areas by assisting with various projects, correspondence, student registration and course management, preparation of spreadsheets, development of agendas and pamphlets, copying of documents, filing, etc. Coordinates and arranges travel related activities for visitors of the programs and the respective administrators, national and international travel. Communicates with visitors the requirements for reimbursement of travel, gathers appropriate information and process reimbursements.
Coordinates and manages various events; seeks appropriate venue, schedules venue, determines food needed and places food orders for the event, as well as the set up, and clean up for events. If appropriate, may be asked to work an event if support is needed while event is taking place.
Provides reception support for the Engineering Innovation Institute and Engineering Leadership Institute; greets and assists visitors, answers questions. Receive, screen and direct incoming telephone calls and mail, as appropriate take messages and disseminate appropriately.
Orders supplies and maintains the property records, conducts annual inventory review.
Other related duties as assigned.
$19.00 - $22.00 per hour; commensurate with qualifications and experience
High school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience.
Must possess a valid FL driver's license.
• Administrative experience and familiarity with the roles of academic leaders (chairs, directors, and deans) to provide the required level of professional assistance effectively and proactively.
• Incumbent should be proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Demonstrated ease with learning new programs and competence in project management skills is desired.
• Always maintain strict confidentiality and a willingness to perform administrative services such as answering phones, retrieving phone system messages, making calls, and recording minutes.
• Interact professionally with the public in a sensitive and professional manner, screen requests and materials effectively and efficiently, and handle a variety of situations readily.
• The incumbent must have a talent for listening carefully and communicating tactfully.
• Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Must be articulate and have a good command of the English language. Proficient writing skills and the ability to compose correspondence, edit, and proofread.
• Must be punctual and maintain an excellent attendance record.
• Must be organized with the ability to prioritize own work and proceed with minimal supervision.
• Consistently demonstrate personal initiative: display interest in the overall well-being of the institutes’ goals and take initiative to assist whenever possible in the success of the institution.
• Must communicate verbally and in writing in a professional manner and represent the institutes, college, and university as such dealing with outside constituents and within the university.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
In order to be considered for this position, applicant must upload a cover letter and resume with application.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
HEALTH ASSESSMENT REQUIRED:
ADVERTISED: Eastern Daylight Time APPLICATIONS CLOSE:Eastern Standard Time