Center Support Assistant - Waldo
$1000 Sign-on bonus!!!!!!
The Center Support Assistant provides a warm, nurturing, stimulating, safe and loving environment where each child can develop language, cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills appropriately.
- Assist in the classroom as needed.
- Familiarize self with the day’s planned activities.
- Implement culturally sensitive educational activities that are developmentally appropriate for each child’s age and language in an individual or small group setting.
- Provide a warm, nurturing, loving and positive environment, using positive guidance techniques and upholding the ECS Discipline Policy.
- Develop nurturing relationships with each child which encourage his or her social and emotional development.
- Maintain all federal, state, local and accreditation standards. (These may include those set forth by NAEYC, APPLE, ECS, DCF and Early Head Start.)
- Follow policies and procedures regarding medical and dental emergencies, short-term exclusion of children, and the administration, handling and storing of medications.
- Ensure that safe practices are followed to prevent injuries to children or self.
- Maintain sanitation & hygiene procedures and participate in the maintenance of the center.
- Provide and encourage effective communication and relationships with families so that parents feel comfortable talking to staff about their children.
- Encourage parental involvement in all aspects of the program.
- Participate in family-style meals with the children, encouraging proper eating habits and conversation.
- Follow infants’ individual feeding schedules and hold infants who cannot sit independently while feeding (EHS).
- Communicate regularly with other staff in order to better serve children and families, including attending staff meetings, trainings, and sharing information.
- Maintain appropriate record keeping, including maintaining children’s portfolios as needed when regular staff are absent.
Kitchen (If applicable)
- Assemble and deliver breakfast, lunch, and/or snack on time to the classrooms.
- Maintain daily Temperature Tracking form.
- Coordinate maintenance of milk, formula, baby food and paper product stock.
- Wash all dishes (according to Health Department standards) daily.
- Turn in all Vendor Delivery Slips to supervisor at the end of each month.
- Clean and sanitize countertops, sinks, refrigerator(s), warmer(s), microwaves and Floors.
- Discard trash and empty supply boxes daily.
Janitorial (If applicable)
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Regularly clean and maintain all bathrooms and public areas.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Clear hallway of obstructions, observing fire codes and alerting staff and management of any possible safety hazards.
- Notify supervisor concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Maintain inventory of job-related supplies, such as toiletries and cleaning materials, and order more when needed.
- Maintain cleaning and kitchen supplies in a clean, organized and safe manner.
- Maintain janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition.
- Ensure proper labeling, dilution and use of all chemicals.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other related marginal duties as required.)
- This position reports to the Center Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED with DCF 45-hour training and CDA preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of child growth and development as well as developmentally appropriate practices for children ages birth to 5 years
- Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children
- Ability to exercise control and maintain appropriate classroom discipline
- Ability and willingness to implement the approved curriculum
- Ability to exercise good judgment and emotional maturity
- Ability to build and establish collaborative relationships with diverse staff & families<
|TAGS||childcare, early childhood education, preschool|
|SALARY RANGE||$12.00 - $13.00 (Depending on Credentials)|
|POSITION||Center Support Assistant|
|POST INTERNAL DAYS||0|
|CREATED BY||Rachel Barker|
|NUMBER OF OPENINGS||1|
|ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION||Episcopal Children's Services is a recognized leader in early childhood education serving more than 50,000 children and their families in seven counties in Northeast Florida - Baker, Bradford, Clay, Duval, Nassau, Putnam and St John's. In addition, ECS recently became the new Head Start/Early Head Start grantee in Marion, Dixie, Gilchrist, Lake, Levy, and Citrus counties and the Early Head Start grantee in Gainesville. As a result, we now serve another 1,500 children and their families in these areas.
ECS uses research and best practices to help families ensure their children enter school ready to learn. Our talented, dedicated teachers and staff work proactively with children from birth to age five and their families to build a strong educational foundation. It is a "whole" child approach - helping kids grow intellectually, emotionally and socially.
|EOE STATEMENT||We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.|
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.