Teacher II, III, IV
$1000 Sign-on bonus!!!!!!
The classroom Teacher provides a warm, nurturing, stimulating, safe and loving environment where each child has the opportunity to develop language, cognitive, social, emotional, and physical skills appropriately.
Education and Development
- To plan and implement a culturally sensitive educational program that is developmentally appropriate for each child’s age and language.
- To plan and implement appropriate daily lesson plans, based on the approved curriculum, that promote the cognitive, language, literacy, social, emotional, and physical development of children in large groups, small groups, and one-on-one based on ECS School Readiness Goals and the needs of children.
- To lead large group learning times in a manner consistent with CLASS philosophy and developmentally appropriate practice.
- To use teaching strategies that illustrates the CLASS philosophy in Emotional Support, Classroom Organization, and Instructional Support.
- To become certified as a CLASS reliable observer.
- To conduct ongoing assessment and individualization documentation in a timely manner.
- To collect, enter and analyze child assessment data and use plan individualization.
- To plan a balanced daily routine that encourages play, exploration, and learning; and which includes teacher-directed and child-directed activities, and inside and outside time.
- To provide a developmentally appropriate, stimulating learning environment by adding new and interesting materials each week
- To provide a warm, nurturing, loving and positive environment, using positive guidance techniques and upholding the ECS Discipline Policy.
- To develop nurturing relationships with each child by encouraging his or her social and emotional development
- Maintain accurate and complete VPK attendance and submit to Center Manager the last day of each month (if applicable).
- Assure parents sign the VPK Parental Choice Certificate at the end of each month (if applicable).
- To maintain all federal, state, local and accreditation standards. (These may include those set forth by NAEYC, APPLE, ECS, DCF and Head Start.)
- Participate in research initiatives pertaining to early child hood education, development, and related topics.
Children’s Health and Developmental Services
- To conduct daily health checks on each child.
- To plan weekly activities promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- To follow policies and procedures regarding medical and dental emergencies, short-term exclusion of children, and the administration, handling, and storing of medication.
- To ensure that safe practices are followed to prevent injuries to children or self.
- To maintain sanitation and hygiene procedures and participate in the maintenance of the center.
- To participate in monthly case management meetings regarding children’s health and development.
1.To provide and encourage effective communication and relationships with families .so that parents feel comfortable talking to staff about their children.
2.To attend parent meetings as assigned.
3.To encourage parent involvement in all aspects of the program.
4.To inform parents concerning their children’s progress formally and informally, which may include parent notes, portfolios, parent conferences and home visits.
5.To engage parents in the development of school readiness goals for their children and guide parents in the use of curriculum activities related to their children’s school readiness goals.
6.To maintain transition procedures for children moving to another classroom or program and coordinate transition with other appropriate program staff.
- To eat with children, encouraging proper eating habits and conversation.
- To serve food in a way that encourages the development and socialization of the children.
- To assist in kitchen duties (if applicable).
- To plan weekly activities that promote good nutrition.
Training and Communication
- To provide leadership in following best practices in the field of early childhood education.
- To assist the center manager in training, mentoring, and developing the Teacher Aide to create an appropriate classroom environment.
- To work collaboratively and attentively with an in-class coach.
- To participate in the CLASS evaluation and training of peers.
- To communicate regularly with other staff in order to better serve children and families, including attending staff meetings, trainings, and sharing information.
- To have a cooperative, positive and supportive attitude within the program.
- To follow directions and assignments as given by supervisor.
- To maintain appropriate record keeping.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other related marginal duties as required.)
- This position reports to the Center Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
(Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability)
|SALARY RANGE||$16 - $23.46|
|POSITION||Teacher II, III, IV|
|POST INTERNAL DAYS||0|
|CREATED BY||Rachel Barker|
|NUMBER OF OPENINGS||2|
|LOCATION||Gainesville EHS Center|
|ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION||Episcopal Children's Services is a recognized leader in early childhood education serving more than 50,000 children and their families in seven counties in Northeast Florida - Baker, Bradford, Clay, Duval, Nassau, Putnam and St John's. In addition, ECS recently became the new Head Start/Early Head Start grantee in Marion, Dixie, Gilchrist, Lake, Levy, and Citrus counties and the Early Head Start grantee in Gainesville. As a result, we now serve another 1,500 children and their families in these areas.
ECS uses research and best practices to help families ensure their children enter school ready to learn. Our talented, dedicated teachers and staff work proactively with children from birth to age five and their families to build a strong educational foundation. It is a "whole" child approach - helping kids grow intellectually, emotionally and socially.
|EOE STATEMENT||We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.|
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.