Criminal Justice Technician - Records Bureau
Alachua County Sheriff's Office
The Alachua County Sheriff's Office (ACSO) is currently seeking interested and qualified candidates for the position described below. As a condition of employment, employees are required to participate in the payroll direct deposit program. A complete, detailed job description for this position is available in the ACSO Human Resources Bureau.
POSITION TITLE: CRIMINAL JUSTICE TECHNICIAN – RECORDS BUREAU
HOURS: Full time, shift work, 8 or 10 hour shifts, weekends and holidays.
SALARY: $14.50/hourly. Plus educational incentive: $996 for Associates Degree, $2,004 for Bachelor’s Degree, $2,496 for Master Degree. Bi-weekly pay period.
BENEFITS: Florida State Retirement, Employer contributes up to 85% to Health, Life and Dental Care. Deferred Compensation, Flexible Spending Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, 8 Hours/Month Annual Leave, 14 Paid Holidays/Year, and up to 8 hours quarterly sick leave incentive.
DESCRIPTION: Clerical and technical work involving varied and complex processing of criminal records within multiple criminal justice applications. Requires some independent judgment and initiative in the utilization of specialized work methods and procedures and their application in the Records Bureau of the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.
REQUIREMENTS: To submit an application:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma/GED
- Ability to work shift work
- Will be required to work days, evenings, nights, and/or holidays
- Type 30 + correct words per minute (cwpm)
- One (1) or more years of customer service experience preferred
- Must successfully achieve the minimum passing score on the Office Skills Test or any additional test deemed appropriate
- Be of good moral character, have no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving moral character, perjury or false statements
- No tattoos that depict violence, gang affiliation, illegal substance or activities
SELECTION: The most qualified applicants will be scheduled for an interview. Selected applicant must successfully complete the requirements of a conditional employment offer, a pre-employment background investigation, polygraph, physical examination, drug screening, and psychological evaluation.
DEADLINES: Open Until Filled
Apply online at www.acso.us
CONTACT INFO: Alachua County Sheriff's Office
Human Resources Bureau
2621 S.E. Hawthorne Road
Gainesville, Florida 32641
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Alachua County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity employer. The Alachua County Sheriff’s Office gives preference in employment/appointment to eligible veterans and spouses of disabled veterans. Applicants with disabilities will be accommodated in the application process. Minorities and protected classes are encouraged to apply.