Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist Description:
- High volume, multi-store, retail operation is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team.
- The successful candidate will be a motivated team player, dedicated to providing solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Primary duties include all phases of A/P, receiving, coding, system entry, resolving discrepancies, check preparation and month end analysis of A/P general ledger accounts.
The personality traits, duties, and capabilities described below are designed to provide applicants and employees with enough information regarding the actual job duties (both physical and mental) of the position described so individuals can decide if they are qualified to adequately perform such responsibilities. This list is intended to summarize the kinds of duties the Company has identified as “essential” for the position described but, does not constitute all of the activities and responsibilities that are assigned to the position. This Job Description may be modified from time to time as required to meet business necessity, with or without consent of or advance notice to employees.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: The successful candidate will:
- Have the ability to communicate orally and in writing in the English language.
- Have the ability to work an assigned schedule.
- Have the ability to multi-task.
- Have computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Have a minimum of two years experience with Accounts Payable.
WILLINGNESS TO: The successful candidate will:
- Follow all Company Safety and Loss Prevention procedures including wearing appropriate safety equipment.
- Be professional, friendly and helpful to customers, vendors, and other employees.
- Follow Company policies, as well as comply with all Federal and State laws.
- Work with store managers to insure all reporting is accurately entered into the Company accounting software.
MENTAL CAPABILITIES: The successful candidate will, depending on the specific position to be filled in the corporate office, be able to:
- Utilize computers, multi-line telephone systems, and other normal office equipment.
- Be proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- After appropriate training, be able to utilize industry specific software, including but not limited to PDI Enterprise.
PHYSICAL ABILITY REQUIREMENTS: The successful candidate will:
- Be able to reach, grasp and manipulate objects with hands continuously throughout the day.
- Be able to routinely lift and carry up to 30 pounds from ground to overhead.
- Be able to push and pull with arms at a force of up to 20 pounds.