At The Village, you will be able to work within a beautiful 104-acre, resort style living community. Voted Best Retirement Community and Best Assisted Living Facility by The Gainesville Sun and certified Great Place to Work, we are committed to helping older adults live their best lives! So, you will have the opportunity to define excellence in our Senior Living community. But most importantly, you will have the ability to work in a close-knit community while building close, rewarding relationships with residents and their families.
Overview: The primary purpose of this position is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local guidelines/regulations (by using our established policies and procedures) to assure that quality food service is provided at all times. This position reports to the Sous Chef.
Available Shifts: Part-Time, Full-Time
Essential Job Functions:
- General knowledge of food preparation, handling techniques, as well as safety and sanitation rules and practices.
- Responsible for cold food preparation, including accompaniments and garnishes.
- Correctly prepares and creatively assembles cold appetizers and salads following preparation sheets and provided recipes for dining room service and special functions.
- Completes food temperature checks each meal. Tastes all food items prepared.
- Completes preparation records and stores food items properly at close of meal service.
- Communicate to director and/or assistant of any out-of-stock items.
- Follows safety and sanitation rules and practices.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Prior cooking experience in food service preferred
- Must have high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and neatness
Benefits (Part-time positions may not be eligible for certain benefits)
- New pay rates for part-time and full-time Cooks!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability
- Supplemental Plans (Hospital, Cancer, Accident, Identity/Legal)
- Employee Assistance, Pay Advance Program, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account
- Tuition Reimbursement, Scholarship Program (up to $30,000)
- Recognition Program (up to $500), Holiday Gift Fund, Milestone Tenure Awards, 401k Match/Discretionary Bonus
- Employee Discounts, Tickets at Work, PTO giveaways, free Luncheons and Food Truck tickets
- On-campus Starbucks & Bistro, Health & Wellness challenges
Culture: The Village at Gainesville offers a highly professional, engaging, team-centered environment where associates can grow professionally, and have a positive impact on the lives of the seniors that we serve. If you have a passion for serving others and are dedicated to improving the lives of seniors, this is the employment opportunity for you!
The Village at Gainesville provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Village complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.