At The Village, you will be able to work within a beautiful 104-acre, resort style living community. Voted Best Retirement Community and Best Assisted Living Facility by The Gainesville Sun and certified Great Place to Work, we are committed to helping older adults live their best lives! So, you will have the opportunity to define excellence in our Senior Living community. But most importantly, you will have the ability to work in a close-knit community while building close, rewarding relationships with residents and their families.
Overview: The primary purpose of this position is to create an enjoyable dining experience for the residents, staff, and visitors in the dining areas in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations. This position reports to the Assistant Dining Service Director.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures a positive and enjoyable dining experience and carefully follows established procedures for food quality and consistency, plate presentation, and service.
- Provides quality customer service in all interactions with residents, guests, and staff.
- Manages supervisors, staff and oversees culinary along with all operations for breakfast, lunch, and dinner service at assigned venues.
- Effectively works within the parameters of your assigned budget and purchasing.
- Oversees service in dining rooms and ensures proper opening time of main dining room.
- Attends meetings, as asked, to represent the Dining Services Department.
- In charge of training all dining service staff at your assigned location.
- Assists in menu planning, printing, and distribution.
- Evaluates and ensures food quality.
- Responsible for providing a safe and sanitary working environment.
- Promotes clean, safe, and organized environment for residents, self, and staff; adheres to all safety and sanitation requirements.
- Communicates any relevant issues, problems, or complaints to the Assistant Dining Service Director.
- Attends departmental education and all required in-service training/education.
- Leads recruiting for the dining service department.
- Responsible for formulation of PDN’s, for Human Resource approval.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Prior food service or dining management experience is required (3 - 5 years is preferred)
- CPR and First Aide certification or eligible
- ServSafe Certified
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability
- Supplemental Plans (Hospital, Cancer, Accident, Identity/Legal)
- Employee Assistance, Pay Advance Program, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account
- Tuition Reimbursement, Scholarship Program (up to $30,000)
- Recognition Program (up to $500), Holiday Gift Fund, Milestone Tenure Awards, 401k Match/Discretionary Bonus
- Employee Discounts, Tickets at Work, PTO giveaways, free Luncheons and Food Truck tickets
- On-campus Starbucks & Bistro, Health & Wellness challenges
Culture: The Village at Gainesville offers a highly professional, engaging, team-centered environment where associates can grow professionally, and have a positive impact on the lives of the seniors that we serve. If you have a passion for serving others and are dedicated to improving the lives of seniors, this is the employment opportunity for you!
The Village at Gainesville provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Village complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.