Are you looking to make a difference in your community? Seeking to work for a non-profit whose values include safety, teamwork, and stewardship?
LifeSouth Community Blood Centers is currently seeking an individual to join our team as a Business Systems Analyst in Gainesville, FL.
Who We Are
LifeSouth is a non-profit community blood bank serving more than 125 hospitals in Alabama, Florida and Georgia. We are committed to meeting the blood supply needs of hospitals and their patients by providing the highest quality blood components and services. With more than 30 donor centers, 50 bloodmobiles and 2,000 blood drives a month, our LifeSouth team is dedicated to making sure the blood is there when you or your family is in need.
To provide a safe blood supply that meets or exceeds the needs in each community we serve, and to provide a variety of services in support of ongoing and emerging blood and transfusion related activities.
What You Will Own
This position documents, plans, designs, delivers and maintains IT tools, services and processes in support of business needs. You will document, communicate and advocate business near-term needs and actively participate in short and long-term planning. The Business Systems Analyst will identify and develop their particular areas of specialization.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Effectively communicate with manager and team members
- Provide reports on status of assigned tasks to management and/or project teams
- Create and maintain clear, concise, and accurate project artifacts (This may include but is not limited to release documentation, system requirements and technical specifications)
- Manage the creation and use of requirements trace information
- Accompany customers in the full delivery cycle from software configuration to go-live
- Ensure team members understand and consider business needs throughout the software development life cycle
- Research and develop areas of specialization
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned - Level II responsibilities:
∙ Ensure that software development projects follow department standards and procedures
∙ Provide introductory training of the tools used by the Software Development department
∙ Actively engage in communications regarding blood banking terminology, practices, and processes
∙ Recommend improvements to the team’s processes and procedures
∙ Functions as a liaison between IT and business leaders in order to define business solutions and collaborate with development to define the technical solutions to meet user and business needs
∙ Perform market research for available solutions to meet business needs
∙ Maintains current knowledge operations of the business. Understands the strategy, processes, and tools that support the business
∙ Work with stakeholders, management, and team members to identify, design, and implement solutions that address business needs
∙ Develop and utilize knowledge in one or more areas of specialization to solve business challenges - Level III responsibilities:
∙ Lead efforts to improve software development practices used by the Software Development team
∙ Thoroughly understand all parts of our development process. Research industry trends to identify, recommend, and implement improvements to our process
∙ Mentor and train other Business System Analysts in the appropriate use of tools, analysis techniques, and application of the team’s processes
∙ Break down projects into multiple deliverables, milestones, and tasks
∙ Analyze and document risk, hazard, and security issues when business needs change. Recommend appropriate controls for any issues identified
∙ Lead complex working sessions with key stakeholders for large/multi-functional projects
∙ Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and actively promote business change
∙ Assist business solution owners to create business roadmaps
∙ Develop expertise in one or more areas of specialization to solve business challenges
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration or other relevant field required. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be substituted
- Valid driver’s license required; Must meet and maintain LifeSouth driver’s eligibility requirements
- Proficient computer skills and experience with computer programs such as MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Working knowledge of SQL and familiarity with programming
- Understanding of the software development life cycle
- Perform root-cause analysis and problem solving
- Skill in effectively communicating with technical and non-technical personnel at all levels of the organization, both orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively organize, manage time, and participate in a stress-filled and time-critical team environment
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and the public
- Must be detail-oriented
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic including attendance and above average productivity - Level II requirements:
∙ Minimum of three years of experience in systems analysis is required - Level III requirements:
∙ Minimum of five years of experience in systems analysis is required
The ideal candidate will possess
- One year of experience systems analysis is preferred
- Additional relevant education, experience in requirements analysis, health care, blood banking, and/or developing software may be substituted for required experience
Competitive Benefits Package (for eligible employees)
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan with opportunity to earn up to 200 hours per year
- Health, dental, vision insurance available after 60 days
- Supplemental Insurances including life, cancer, accident and disability
-Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer match each pay period
- Retirement plan
- Wellness program with incentives and HSA rewards
This is a full time position. Starting salary range for level I is $50,000 - $55,000 per year; level II is $55,000 - $60,500 per year; level III is $60,000 - $66,000 per year. Background check and drug test required. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/DFWP/Tobacco Free.
The position description may not include all the duties and responsibilities of the job. Duties and responsibilities that are not listed, but which the employee may be expected to perform, will fall within the scope of the skills, knowledge and training for the position.
LifeSouth is a Drug-Free and Tobacco-Free Workplace. LifeSouth is an affirmative action employer and provides equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, transgender status, gender identification, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances. LifeSouth complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
If you require any assistance to complete the application process or during the interview due to a disability, please contact the LifeSouth region where you are applying or call 1-888-795-2707 to request an accommodation. Applications may be completed at a LifeSouth facility or mailed to corporate headquarters in lieu of the on-line application process.