Information Technology Intern
The IT Intern is part of a small team of dedicated individuals that support a mixed Windows and Mac OS environment, and custom web application systems that support the core activities of the business. This role will assist with ongoing deployment and migration projects, handling some data migration tasks and other duties as assigned. This individual should have exceptional troubleshooting, time management, communication and customer services skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Provide hardware and software support for internal customers using helpdesk ticket system
- Assist with content and data migration from old systems to new systems
- Assist with website and content management system implementation.
- Create data, media repository
- Will perform other duties as assigned by Director of IT
- Learned/mastered technical skills ready to be applied in practice
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with Mac OS and Windows OS.
- Familiarity with websites, html, CSS (no coding experience)
- Working on a Degree in Information Systems, Business, Computer science or related field
- Ability to explain technology to non-technical staff
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Works in an indoor office environment with moderate noise level
- The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision
- The employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear
- The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to grab, pull, grip, lift and reach with hands and arms
- The employee is frequently required to use a computer
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl