Systems Administrator/Tech Support Coordinator
NCCER has an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator/Tech Support Coordinator. This position is part of a small team of dedicated individuals that support a mixed Windows and Mac OS environment, and custom web application systems that support the core activities of the business. This individual should have exceptional troubleshooting, time management, communication and customer service skills and ability to work with minimum supervision. The System Administrator/Tech Support Specialist performs a variety of functions to ensure information systems, infrastructure, and cloud services are available, reliable, secure, and stable.
Key responsibilities will include:
1) Provide hardware and software support for internal customers using helpdesk ticket system
2) Install, maintain, and monitor systems and network infrastructure devices, including servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, VOIP phones
3) Monitor systems and serve as a focal point for routine support of systems
4) Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair problems with hardware and software systems
5) Manage and update Active Directory, Group Policy
6) Evaluate, install, deploy, maintain, and update Windows, Mac OS and Linux operating systems as well as business applications, software updates, and security patches
7) Follow established procedures required for efficient management of the infrastructure
8) Maintain and monitor software licensing requirements to ensure compliance
9) Monitor systems for security risks and identify security risks
10) Train staff on safe and proper use of hardware and software
11) Maintain backups of critical systems and perform periodic disaster recovery validation testing
12) Perform periodic user account validation, testing and cleanup
13) Plan and execute small/medium infrastructure projects
14) Occasional after-hours and weekend work where required
15) Will perform other duties as assigned by Director of IT
Only candidates with an Associate degree or higher in Information Systems, Business, Computer Science or a related field will be considered.
Other required qualifications include:
- Familiarity with cloud-based and SaaS concepts, including Office365 and Azure AD
- Experience working with Windows, Windows Server, VMWare 5.5/6.5, network infrastructure switches, routers, wireless, firewall, MS Office 365, Spiceworks, and Sage100
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with Mac OS and Linux Bash shell scripting
- Familiarity with Windows batch and Powershell scripting
Would be able to start immediately after being selected for the position.
Equal opportunity employer. Drug-free workplace. Excellent benefit package. Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.