The Exactech Product Marketing Team exists to drive products to market and empower the sales organization to achieve company sales goals. We do this by understanding our customers’ needs through direct interaction and market analysis, actively and accurately conveying those needs into product definition and development in collaboration with E&D, creating and communicating powerful product messages to our customers and provide effective training on our products. We also manage profitability and cash flow for all product lines. This position provides leadership for specific product marketing teams.
For the Product Line:
1. Direct strategic planning and initiatives for product group with a long-term global outlook.
2. Develop yearly team and employee accountability plans to support company objectives.
3. Coach and lead the development of all levels of product management employees and support them in the execution of their duties.
4. Provide marketing leadership in the identification and evaluation of new technologies and possible strategic opportunities applicable to product area.
5. Manage the life cycle of existing and new implants and instruments.
6. Direct the description, evaluation, pricing strategy, and introduction of new products.
7. Support selling activities through sales materials, training, field visits, etc.
8. Provide marketing leadership in a collaborative effort with Engineering and Development, Research, and Production teams in the development of new products.
9. Provide business leadership to make sound financial decisions for each product line.
10. Develop working relations with leading orthopedic surgeons to ensure ongoing collaboration, product development, and product improvement feedback while abiding by the Exactech Code of Ethics and all applicable legal guidelines.
11. Manage the development of market and competitive analysis to the sales force.
12. Manage the development of sales forecast to determine organizational objectives.
13. Manage the development of marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives and sales forecasts.
14. Direct the design and implementation of the annual product marketing plan.
15. Provide business leadership to make sound financial decisions within the marketing team and the business unit.
16. Establish corporate and brand presence utilizing web-based applications.
17. Know and apply the Quality System and any appropriate Federal and International standards.
18. Assist and support other employees, teams and sales personnel as necessary.
1. The employee must be able to travel internationally via airplane.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required; Master’s Degree preferred
• 7 years of experience in marketing/product management in the orthopedic joint reconstruction field (ideally related to his/her product line).
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Great Organizational & interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of windows based office productivity tools including word processor and spreadsheet.
• Ability to meet the medical requirements to gain entry into individual hospitals and hospital systems as needed to observe surgical procedures.
• Ability to travel 30 - 40% of job.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)