Residential Broadband Technician
Physical Job Requirements
- Ability to carry and use tools and equipment
- Requisite ability to drive motor vehicle
- Adequate ability to distinguish different colors of wire
- Ability to frequently bend, stoop and crawl
- Ability to lift and carry 28 ft 63# extension ladder
- Occasionally sit and climb ladders/stairs: performs fine motor and pinching movements& pivots with feet and bends, twists and laterally flexes back& reaches at overhead, shoulder, knee, and floor levels, stoops, squats, crouches, kneels and crawls and press foot pedals.
- Frequently stands and walks& pushes/pulls with arms and grasps with hands& reaches at waist
- Ability to climb ladders and/or utility poles and work in high places
- Ability to work in small spaces (such as crawl space and attics)
- Ability to tolerate typical residential and commercial controlled work environments as well as uncontrolled weather-related heat and cold for extended periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors and in extreme weather conditions and varying topographic, wet and dry locations
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.