Under general supervision, be able to support day-to-day purchasing team activities. This includes but is not limited to review MRP and non-MRP supply purchasing requirements, place purchase orders consistent with demand, follow up with suppliers to confirm PO receipt, and ensure on-time delivery utilizing expedite and de-expedite reports. Communicate delivery dates with other Exactech personnel. Process RMAs.
Duties and Responsibilities (Key Deliverables):
1. Place purchase orders.
2. Work directly with suppliers and process returns.
3. Develop and maintain good vendor relations.
4. Resolve problems, reconcile vendor returns and expedite order deliveries.
5. Work with Quality control, logistics and material handling when vendor delivery/return issues arise.
6. Periodically review purchasing requirements and place orders consistent with demand. Adjust purchasing plan based on planning and forecasting inputs.
7. Follow up with suppliers to assure on-time delivery utilizing expedite and de-expedite reports. Communicate delivery dates with other Exactech personnel.
8. Evaluate suppliers monthly on delivery performance and with QA provide supporting data for supplier performance rating and forecasts where appropriate.
9. Understand and follow all SOP’s for the purchasing area.
10. Participate in RFQ & RFP (Request for Quote and Request for Proposal) activities and supplier selection based on agreed criteria.
11. Collaborate with sourcing manager to develop & implement sourcing changes and negotiate supply contracts.
12. Responsible for ensuring supply of material order and replenishment.
13. Generate periodic reporting on demand – supply gaps, cost savings, stock out events, supply chain parameters.
14. Know and apply the Quality System and any appropriate Federal and International standards.
15. Assist and support other employees, teams, and sales personnel as necessary.
Education: • Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
Experience: • Minimum 1 year purchasing or related experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Proficient with MRP systems and other source-to-pay tools
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, QAD, Sharepoint
• Time management
• Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
• Analytical skills
• Experience with MRP systems a plus
• Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment
• Desire to learn
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)