Sales & Application Support
Are you a Sales & Application Support individual who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have Sales & Application Support experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting, Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
The primary role of the Sales & Application Specialist is to enable Sales Areas to grow market share by assisting in the development of their sales strategies and business development plans. Using your knowledge of customer surface drilling applications, competitor equipment capabilities, and the features and benefits of Sandvik’s products, you will assist in the developing a customer value proposition for each sales opportunity which highlights the benefits and value the Sandvik offering will provide. You will also participate in developing the sales support tools required by the Sales teams to adequately communicate customer value and demonstrate a competitive advantage.
In this role you will also be required to analyze the sales areas opportunity pipeline and forecasts, and provide advice required to support the Divisions factory demand planning process, as well as a manage and support a number of key functions within the sales and operations processes.
Additionally, The Sales & Application Support Responsible For
• Ensuring that all reasonable steps are taken to ensure all employees are provided with a safe and healthy working environment. This includes compliance with the Sandvik safety management program.
•Management of Forecasted Orders – to validate forecasts, orders and to match the approved Supply Plan. • Order rules – deploy and enforce ordering rules.
• Order status Reviews – run regular Order book Status reviews with the Sales Areas of Market Areas and communicate this to the Sales Areas and all areas of Product Line Management.
• Ordering Process Development & Management – ongoing development of the ordering process, the data, and the IT requirements for supporting the ordering process.
• Using applications and equipment knowledge to assist front line business development activities.
• Sales Materials – assist in developing sales support materials including but not limited to performance study tools, simulation tools and competitor comparisons with key sales arguments and provide education to frontline personnel to value sell products.
• Assist sales areas to develop financial business cases for each deal as required for internal approvals.
• Development of customer value propositions for rotary drills on a deal by deal bases.
• Package Deals Management – review proposed pricing structure for specific customer opportunities including analysis of implication on future deals and actively promote the commercial approvals systems process. This also includes multi product sales opportunities where packaging is appropriate.
• Sales Process Development & Management – ensure process, data and IT requirements for sales are defined, developed and deployed including period updates based on actual performance versus targets.
• Comply with policies, guidelines, regulatory requirements and meet objectives per Sandvik Alachua Integrated Management System (IMS).
• Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 45001:2018) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement.
The Sales & Support Application individual will have 3-5 years’ experience in front line sales within mining industry preferred. Experience in surface mining engineering or drill and blast will be an advantage. Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Sales & Application Support position, Job Req. ID # R0026016.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law