The HR Generalist provides day-to-day human resources support to a business unit and/or functional group covering many or most of the following areas: recruiting, compensation, benefits/employee wellness initiatives, training and development, employee relations, employee communications, and safety and employment documentation. The role is responsible for supporting the business in all employee-related matters including the application of policies and procedures. Under supervision, serves as a liaison to management to assist with the accomplishment of business goals and objectives from a talent perspective. This role may report to HR Manager or Senior HR Business Partner.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Advises managers and employees on employee relations policies and practices
• Coaches supervisors and managers on employee performance issues, disciplinary actions, terminations, employee conflicts, policy violations, etc.
• With direction, investigates employee issues and complaints; makes recommendations to management to resolve issues to ensure timely and appropriate actions are taken
• With direction, prepares responses and/or statements to issues related to employee complaints
• Interprets and applies programs, policies, and procedures and ensures compliance with state and federal statutes and regulations, if applicable, to include Fair Labor Standards Act, Labor Management Relations Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, etc.; consults with HR Leadership and Legal as needed
• Helps prepare and guide hiring managers through the hiring process, to include assistance with the requisition/posting process.
• Partners with talent acquisitions to ensure that talent is sourced appropriately and that job openings for the businesses supported are filled timely; may interview applicants to assist managers with hiring decisions.
• Assists managers with the selection of talent, as needed
• Conducts new hire orientation to include coordinating first day logistics with hiring managers, overseeing completion of new hire paperwork, and coordination with the Shared Services Center (SSC) to ensure the process runs smoothly
• Helps with onboarding/assimilating new employees and leaders, as needed
• Prepares reports and analyzes data from for information reporting and management decision-making
• Conducts exit interviews as needed; compiles results and looks for trends to assist HR and the business with identifying solutions to improve employee engagement and increase retention.
• Provides assistance and consultation to employees and managers on the annual performance review process to include goal setting, mid-year check-ins, and the end of year review process; provides guidance and drives the overall performance management process, timeline and expectations ensuring the business objectives aligns with the overall company objectives
• With direction, assists managers with the annual merit increase process, the mid-year promotional cycle, and any other ad hoc compensation requests; partners with compensation as needed
• Works with compensation and business leaders on job description development
• Partners with compensation to address salary and/or compensation concerns that emerge in client group; works directly with compensation to review results on internal and/or market analysis and assists with recommendations to resolve issues
• Recommends and implements human resources process and policy changes
• Assists with communicating policy and procedures changes to managers and employees
• Serves as the location contact for the intake of various forms and other documents as needed; ensures they are submitted to appropriate individuals
• Maintains highly confidential employee information and documents
• Assists with the other employee-related work, projects, and events as needed, i.e. wellness initiatives, diversity, open enrollment, etc.
• 3+ years of experience required in Human Resources or related field
• Prior experience using HRIS, managing data
• Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Strong consultative, interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
• Role requires the ability to be collaborative, build relationships and influencing skills.
• Demonstrated client service and/or support orientation
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities
• Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced work environment
• Proactive approach to problem solving and solutions oriented
• Must demonstrate teamwork and the ability to partner with others to get things done
• Demonstrated facilitation skills
• Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
• BS/BA in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. Human Resources, Business, Management, and Organizational Development).
• Prior experience using Oracle PeopleSoft
• PHR/SPHR certification
• Consultative approach
• Strong presentation skills
• Business acumen
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.