Part Time Truck Driver/Operator
Part Time / Back up Truck Driver/operator
Part Time and Back Up Drivers
Truck Driver / Smash Equipment Operator Qualifications
- Criminal background check, driving record and drug test will be performed (Required)
- Heavy Equipment (Hydraulics) Operation
- Truck Driving (CDL not required)
Interested in a career where you can enjoy your work and be part of a rapidly growing and industry disruptive company? Would you like to be responsible for a 26,000-pound truck, smash things all day long, drive a consistent/local daily route, and save our customers a ton of money?
We are seeking a Part Time and Back Up Truck Drivers/Smash Operators to join our Smash My Trash team! You will be responsible for safely operating our truck on a daily local route in the Gainesville and Ocala territories. Trucks are outfitted with rolling drum on a boom that you operate to smash the contents of open-top waste containers (Dumpsters) requiring you to skillfully and safely operate without touching dumpsters at each customer's facility.
You are the face of our company, interacting with our customers each day. Professionalism, cleanliness of your equipment and uniform, and pride in your work and the value you provide your customers, are all very important to our culture. A driver/operator will help build the business that has an incredible selling proposition. Have the energy and drive to do a great job, day in and day out without hesitation. A driver/operator who is also super friendly and engaging, who can help answer any questions our customers have when on site.
All employees contribute where needed, regardless of title. Willingness to chip in to help with truck maintenance, sales, basic equipment maintenance, and contributing to the team as needed are all fundamental requirements of all employees.
- Drive and safely operate our 26,000 pound Smash truck – smashing trash all day
- Skillfully operate a hydraulic controlled machine implement
- Track and document truck activity log via handheld device
- Report any issues or incidents to management
- Inspect truck before and after trip using a checklist and common sense
- Demonstrate complete reliability and accountability
- Perform and coordinate daily, monthly and annual truck maintenance, inspections and cleaning
- Provide top-notch services to our customers; interacting with our customers in a friendly manner. Basically, how you would want to be talked to and engaged with.
- Use a smartphone to receive routing, document service and report truck performance
- All other responsibilities as needed in order to help the business
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record
- Previous experience in machine operation, truck driving, waste management, hydraulics, or other related fields (CDL license a plus but not required)
- Strong work ethic with long term job history and tremendous reliability and accountability
- Ability to handle a moderate physical workload including lifting, standing & climbing a 4-foot ladder approximately 20 times per day (including in poor weather).
- Skilled with smartphone and able to use our apps to track routes and complete work activities
- Entrepreneurial spirit, interest in growing your career and responsibilities
- Route driving experience a plus
- Strong Communicator
- Flexible and consummate team player who can collaborate with others
*Must pass a background check, drug test and have valid driver's license with clean record
Veterans of the United States Armed Forces are encouraged to apply! * We love the military. We thank you for your service. Businesses like ours exist because of the sacrifices you made to ensure our freedom. Veterans go to the top of the line.
**A great second job for Public Utility, Firefighters, EMS or construction fields.
Related keywords: truck driver, cdl driver, driver, cdl, local truck driver, cdl truck driver, delivery driver
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour